Here you can find the brief Parcel Locker and Parcel Shop usage instructions. This feature is only available for the GLS plugin version.
The Parcel Locker & Shop feature is at the moment available only for Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia, The Czech Republic and Romania, while the Parcel Shop feature is available for Germany as well. For other countries, API integration is needed. Reach out to us in regards to adding your country to the list as well.
For occasional senders, Parcel Shops and Parcel Lockers are the gateway to the reliable parcel service of GLS. They serve as convenient acceptance and collection points. Parcel Shops have long opening hours and are integrated in existing shops, businesses of all kinds and GLS depots, while Parcel Lockers are available 24 hours a day.
Activating the Parcel Locker & Shop feature
- Log into your WordPress admin panel
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings
- Navigate to Shipping tab > GLS Parcel Shop button below
- Click the Enable button
- Enter the preferred Cost for this purpose (either follow the price list of your courier or determine your own expenses)
- Enter your Google Maps API key generated for your domain via https://console.cloud.google.com (that is enough for more than 20 000 map loads per month, free of charge)
- Save changes
Using the maps on your store’s checkout
After following the activation guide from above, your e-Commerce store checkout will be granted with the GLS map locator feature. Therefore, your customers would be able to choose Parcel Lockers and Parcel Shops as a destination for their package delivery. Once they pick the one from the map, all of the entry fields connected with that location will be fulfilled automatically, leaving your customer only to enter the rest of the personal information like their name and such.
We wish you happy eCommercing!